Red Right 88

Cleveland sports fan and sports writer

Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

quit my job decided to drive west

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

RIP Herb Score

I loved Herb Score like family. Growing up, not every game was on TV like it was now. SO much of my youth was spent listening to Herb call the games.

I wasn't old enough to have seen him play. But Herb was one of the best youth players of his generation before he was hit with a line drive. All reports say he never complained about what he could have been.

His last game behind the mike was game seven of the 1997 World Series. If life was fair, he would have went out on top after calling all those years when the team was awful. The fact he didn't get to call the Indians World Champions made that game all the more tragic.

I know he has suffered a lot the last decade after his car accident, so hopefully he is now at peace.

God Bless you Herb. And thank you for being a part of the family.