Red Right 88

Cleveland sports fan and sports writer

Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

quit my job decided to drive west

Thursday, April 16, 2009

The end is the beginning

I was on the road back from Wisconsin tonight. I caught up with Joe Tait in the middle of the second quarter. Nothing makes a drive faster than Joe Tait. And for a meaningless game, it sure was a ton of fun.

No LeBron. No Mo. No Z. No Wallace. No Smith. And the Cavs led at the half against a team that had to have a win.

In the second half, Andy and DeLonte joined the missing in action and yet the reserves gave it a run. In the end the Cavs lost but I think much more was won that will better serve the team than a tie of the best home record ever. Boobie found his confidence. Wally found his groove and the rest of team got to break a sweat.

I even like the fact DeLonte was pissed he didn't play in the second half.

But most importantly, the Cavs are relatively healthy for the real season. And I for one can't wait.