Red Right 88

Cleveland sports fan and sports writer

Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

quit my job decided to drive west

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Quick thoughts

Cavs
Stay classy Pistons. What remains of the Pistons core of all-stars quit and I hope that shame follows them the rest of their careers. Those bullies sulked away. However Antonio McDyess proved his mettle. The vet played hard until the end. He will be a free agent and I would love him to become a Cav. At any rate, step one of the process is over. The Cavs get at least a week to rest and prepare for the next round.

Browns
I am so glad the draft is over. It is like election day. I get so tired of the hype and constant blowing of smoke. Things can just quiet down for a while. ESPN has been unwatchable the last few weeks. No one has any idea what any of these kids will do. I am just sick of hearing worthless talk. Wake me when the hitting starts.

Indians
Tony Sipp = Hope. I know that is too simplistic. But the Indians have not inspired much of the emotion this season. I saw the Indians go ahead 4-0 and then watched mostly basketball. I flipped over to see the score was 4-2 with the bases loaded. I was a little shocked to see Sipp thrown into the fire. But he responded big time with his strikeouts of Justin Morneau and Jason Kubel. The season has been a nightmare so far. Maybe Cabrera moving to the two hole and the arrival of Sipp can reverse the Indians fortunes.