Red Right 88

Cleveland sports fan and sports writer

Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

quit my job decided to drive west

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Glimmer of hope

After that two out ninth inning scare, the lead is two and half for the Tribe.

I have decided to bite my tongue on the Tribe. If my stomach can take it, we have no choice but to ride it out.

Unlike most drunks, I was not optimistic ending in camp for the Browns and the Qb mess has hopefully lowered expectations for this team. There is a real possibilty that Dallas will get to use that Brady pick in the top three. If this team ends up a bottom feeder, it would mean another new coach, a big role at running back and new first round pick.

But maybe it won't be that bad. Maybe the Browns can salvage some wins this season allowing either Romeo to return or more likely, he gets fired halfway through and Grantham wins a few down the stretch allowing the team to actually maintain an both the offensive and defensive scheme for the first in years.

No matter what, I offer this glimmer of hope.

If Brady starts the final half of the season and earns the trust of the offense. We could have a real chance to jump forward in 08 because instead of first round pick floundering at running back, imagine if you will Michael Turner at running back.

I don't the Browns salary cap situation. But I do know he will be an unrestricted free agent. I know he would be a great fit for the Browns offense and our offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski knows he well from his time in San Diego.

Let me be the first to jump that band wagon. He would be much better than first round pick. He could be the back to make this offense a top notch one.