Red Right 88

Cleveland sports fan and sports writer

Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

quit my job decided to drive west

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Rock bottom

I'm tired.

Been stuck in Wisconsin since Friday helping my sister's family move into their new house. The cable isn't hooked up yet so I couldn't watch football on Saturday or today. I found a Browns game feed on the Internet but thankfully it crapped out rather quick and I was saved from watching every bloody minute. Still I followed play by play on a Gametracker. Just walking away never occurred to me.

I am not going to defend Mangini. But I also want nothing to do with insane meltdown. Firing Mangini fixes nothing. Lerner selling the team fixes nothing. This team is a big black abyss and it is going to take a long time to crawl out of it. You can't whiff on a decade of draft choices and fix it in one off-season. If Bill Cowher was the coach the team would be 0-3. Same with Lombardi or Paul Brown. Screaming and busting things won't change anything. At least playing Anderson in the second half will shut up the calls for the back-up quarterback. Remembering we could have gotten a first and third for him at one point doesn't help.

The Browns are what they are. A really bad football team. And next week I will be watching just like I will the week after that and the week after that.

Sometimes acceptance is the first step. My expectations can't get lower. So I think the rage and anger will dissipate.

If you want to be angry and rant go ahead. But leave me out of it. I am not arguing with the irrational anymore.

They are what they are.

EDIT: Pittspuke lost --- choked even. Ha. That made me smile.